The Student Assistant will help the Wellness Center (on USF St. Petersburg campus) with a variety of needs, from inventory to editing a variety of information via print and electronic media. This position reports to the Wellness Center Assistant Director, Prevention Services. The Student Assistant will work for 15 hours/week scheduled between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday–Friday. Preferred starting date is ASAP through Spring. Off during break weeks and scheduled holiday observances.
- Assisting with daily Wellness Center needs, like distributing flyers, inventory of stock room, etc.
- Assisting with writing, editing and/or updating Center communications for print, electronic, and social media.
- Helping to collect information from students about their health interests and needs.
- Assisting with national health survey marketing and implementation.
- Preparing photos, images, and videos for the web or social media.
- Assisting with posting, monitoring, and enhancing student engagement using social media.
- Helping with small design projects, such as newsletters, flyers, invitations, e-mail broadcasts, etc.
- Assisting in distributing promotional and publicity materials.
- Assisting with all other administrative duties related to communication and marketing.
Minimum Qualifications: This position is ideal for a creative, self-motivated student with an interest in communication, marketing, and/or health. This position requires excellent writing skills and attention to detail to ensure the quality and accuracy of materials. Must be a degree-seeking student in good academic standing at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg.
Applicant must have a current Federal Work Study (FWS) award for the current academic year to apply for this position. Applicants are asked to demonstrate proof of their FWS award by saving their “Award Overview” screen from OASIS as a print screen and then pasting it into a Word document and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If other documents (in addition to your FWS award) are required as part of your application, you must upload ALL documents as one document. If you have questions, please contact the Career Center at 727-873-4129 or email@example.com. **To access OASIS, log in to single sign-on at my.usf.edu > enter OASIS > choose “Financial Aid” from the menu > choose “My Award and Loan Information” > click the “Award Overview” tab > save this page. **Note: This page will include applicant’s loan, scholarship, and grant information.”
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Creative, self-motivated and able to meet deadlines.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Interest in designing content (like flyers, videos, social media posts).
Additional Information for Applicants: This position works as part of an interdisciplinary team but must also be able to coordinate tasks independently and manage deadlines. The position requires comfort with health issues, computers, and working with Wellness Center professionals. Student Assistant is required to maintain strict confidentiality regarding clients/patients, appointments on clinical staff’s schedules, and any other documents they may have access to. Student Assistants are also expected to be responsible and dependable. Remote work may become an option part of the week. Tasteful, business casual dress is required during office hours.